Updated on 01/01/2018
The Data we collect depends on how our Services are used. Sometimes we receive Data directly, such as when a Billiyo account is created, or we receive an email. Other times, we get Data by recording interactions with our Services by, for example, using technologies like cookies and web beacons. We also get Data from third parties, like our payment processing partners or identity verification services.
The collection and use of data from a variety of sources is essential to our ability to provide our Services – and to help keep the Services safe.
Information We Collect
Information Related to Your Interaction with Billiyo and the Offerings.
Registration and Contact Information. We collect information about you when you (a) register to use the Services and (b) otherwise provide contact information to us via email, mail, or through our Offerings. This information you provide may include your username, first and last name, email address, mailing address or phone number.
Payment Information. When you purchase the Services, we will also collect transaction information, which may include your credit card information, billing and mailing address, and other payment-related information (“ Payment Information”). We describe how Payment Information may be collected and processed in Payment Information Section.
Third Party Platforms. We may collect information when you interact with our advertisements and other content on third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites. This may include information such as “Likes”, profile information gathered from social networking sites or the fact that you viewed or interacted with our content.
You may submit various types of information and data into the Services for hosting and processing purposes (“Customer Data”). Customer Data may include, without limitation, (a) personal information such as names, email addresses and phone numbers of your end user customers, potential customers and other users of and visitors to your websites, apps and other properties (“People”), which information may be input into the Services by you or collected by the Services using Billiyo scripts and other code implemented on such properties, and (b) information contained in communications between you and People using the notifications features of the Services.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use your information in the following ways:
We use personal information collected through Billiyo services for purposes described in this Policy or otherwise disclosed to you on or in connection with our services. For example, we may use your information to:
- Operate and improve our services;
- Send you advertising or promotional materials, including information about new products, contests, features and enhancements, special offers and other events of interest from Billiyo and our select partners;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions, and to send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Monitor and evaluate trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide ads, content, communications or features that match user profiles or interests; and
- Link or combine with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service
Billiyo reserves the right to review your customer data to help resolve problems with the Billiyo software or service, or to ensure compliance with our Terms of Service.
Billiyo may share your personal information with third parties in the following limited circumstances:
- When we have your consent.
- We may share your personal information with our parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates.
- With third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf, who are hosting our data, and need access to your information to carry out their work for us. These entities have agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the personal information they obtain from us, and, unless we notify you otherwise and provide you with an opportunity to opt-out, will not use your personal information for any purpose other than as described in this Policy.
- With data analytics and advertising services in order to understand your preferences and to show you advertising on our site or through our service.
- With law enforcement, courts of competent jurisdiction, or others when we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Billiyo, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- With your employer if you are a Billiyo registered user, and the domain of the primary email address associated with your Billiyo account is owned by your employer and that email address was assigned to you as an employee of that organization, and an authorized representative of that organization wishes to establish a Billiyo company account and add you to it, then certain information concerning your individual account may become accessible to that organization’s administrator including your name and email address, and your account may be added to the corporate account.
- We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who used a type of link, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of some or all of Billiyo assets, bankruptcy or reorganization, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of Billiyo business to another company.
Other Access to or Disclosure of Your Information
Your Controls and Choices
Opt-Outs. We may provide you with the opportunity to “opt-out” of having your personal information used for certain purposes when we ask for this information. If you decide to opt-out, we may not be able to provide certain features of the Offerings to you.
Communication Preferences. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included on such communications or on the Offerings. Please note, however, that you may be unable to opt-out of certain service-related communications.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
When you use the Offerings, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information upon your request and either provide you the means to correct this information if it is inaccurate or to delete such information at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. You may access, review, correct, update, change or delete your information at any time. To do so, please contact us at email@example.com with your name and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed, or if you are using the Service, sign in to your account, go to your profile, and make the desired changes. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), jeopardize the privacy of others, would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
Please note that if you cease using the Service or we terminate your access to the Service in accordance with your Customer Agreement, you may no longer have the ability to access or update your information.
We may retain your information as necessary to support the Offerings, comply with our legal obligations or resolve disputes. Note that content you post may remain on the Offerings even if you cease using the Offerings or we terminate your access to the Offerings.
No Children Under Age 13
Your California Privacy Rights and Disclosures
California Shine the Light Law. If you are a California resident and we disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes, California’s Shine the Light Law (CA Civil Code Section 1798.83) allows you to request certain information from us about such disclosures. To make a request under the Shine the Light Law, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that under California law, businesses are not required to respond to such requests more than once during any calendar year.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We maintain a variety of appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect your personal information. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. Further, we have implemented reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect personal information about you. When you enter sensitive information (such as your password), we encrypt that information in transit using industry-standard Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption technology. No method of transmission over the Internet, method of electronic storage or other security methods are one hundred percent secure. Therefore, while we strive to use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
International Transfer of Data; EU-U.S. Privacy Shield
Don't Be Shy
If we didn’t answer all of your questions, feel free to drop us a line anytime.